As you know, most goiters are caused by iodine deficiency. Although the symptoms of the disease may not be as fatal as other serious diseases, if the treatment is not known. And prevention will cause various consequences, so let’s get to know this disease better. Goiter is one of the thyroid disorders. which has grown abnormally large enough to be seen or felt If you look at it with your eyes, you may see that it has grown into a single lump. Or it can be a lump of shredded meat. The goiter is divided into two main types: non-toxic goiter and with toxic goiter.
can occur for many reasons But most of them are caused by iodine deficiency. Important substances necessary for the production of thyroid hormones such as thyroxin. which controls the body’s metabolic system and necessary for intellectual development When the body does not get enough iodine, the thyroid gland has to work harder. To trap iodine in food to produce thyroid hormones. thus expanding into a goiter
It cause by the thyroid gland produces and secretes too much hormones. The exact cause is not yet known. But it expect that the body create some substances that stimulate the thyroid gland to work more. Therefore burning more energy than usual Make the body slim. This type of goiter is mostly caused by genetics. and more common in females than males 7-8 times According to reports by ufabet
It can also be caused by a number of other factors, such as:
- Graves’ Disease is the most common cause of toxic goiter. The most obvious symptom is a bulging goiter.
- Hashimoto’s Thyroiditis is caused by the immune system causing chronic inflammation of the thyroid gland and its decreased function.
- Nodules, cysts, or tumors form in the thyroid gland
- Inflammation of the thyroid gland
- Should exposure to certain substances or some medicine
- Pregnancy causes the body to produce certain hormones and may stimulate the thyroid gland to grow in size.